Dark, intense and Mysterious yet fun that is how I want me look… and I felt I pretty much got closer to this image after the first time I watched the dramatic commercial of Maybelline Colossal Kajal. I was downright besotted and wanted to buy this kajal right then!!
I checked out the nearest cosmetic shop and well he did not have it… Bammm! Other outlasts said it is sold out. After so many failed attempts I was about to lose hope of getting this much fetish-ized kajal! And fuel in the fire of my frustration was poured everyday when all my colleagues told me how bombastically incredible the Maybelline Colossal kajal is!! (Of course it feels like am I the only one still living in the Stone Age!!)
So finally an online portal graced my vanity with a Maybelline Colossal Kajal…It feels like no short of a reward for the days I spent searching for it!
First of all I must tell you that this kajal is specifically designed for Indian beauties. That in itself is a complement (given that most of the brands are yet unavailable in the Land of Beauty…hey how can you forget we Indians gave the world 4 incredibly beautiful women!!)
So first of all lemme tell you why it is such a killing-weapon and an imminent-possession for every girl!
The best part about this Maybelline’s colossal kajal is that it can work well as an eye liner, for this simple reason that it won’t chip or flake off, or smudge or fade away before 7 hours. Yes gals 7 hours, in fact it can last longer than that too, though, the manufacturers claim that it would last 6 hours. So you can roam around wearing it on your upper lid as an eyeliner, or inner rim, water line yet not feel itchy or irritated!!
Now what follows is something most of us already know… still for the satisfaction of those who are yet not aware if the colossal intensity, colossal wear and colossal care of this kajal. So here is swatches you must have a look at.
- As you can see, it’s smooth and utterly convenient while applying.
- The tip of the pencil leaves deep rich and shiny lining in the darkest black.
- Rich black pigment is perfect for Indian skin tone.
- Water proof and Smudge proof- I wore it and went up to wash my face and then wiped with a paper towel only to find the kajal intact… Incredible!
- It stayed just as it was till I got bored of my same-morning-till-evening-look and decided to remove it with a makeup remover!
- The ingredients used in it are natural and caring like olive oil, vitamin E and a few others not mentioned!
- It is easy to remove but with an eye makeup remover and water is pani-kam for it!
- It is not available anywhere but in India…now that gives Maybelline a 10 on 10!!
- The packaging is dramatic, fun and oh-so-me!!
- The pencil is a thin stick… that does in no way look like a traditional kajal… but I dont mind it, as it’s quite loveable anyway!
- The price of the piece is just a mere 150 bucks. It is such a temptation you must indulge in!
What you said? Did I unlike anything about it?
1. The tip can break if you press it too hard especially if it is left in a warm place…You Know Delhi is one of the top notch non heat resistant cities!! So the creamy feel may beguile you but it “won’t smudge, budge or fade”!
2. The amount of kohl in the stick is quite less…I wonder if it will last me a whole month!!
My rating for this Maybelline Colossal Kajal is – 8.5/10
So gals do tell me how you find this kajal…it works for me… you can have your own opinion…awaiting responses.