Oh! So you are new to makeup. Don’t you worry! We will tell you the secrets to do it just right. There is a thin line that defines the right look from looking overdone. Someone has rightly said, “the prettiest makeup is the one that can’t be noticed”.
Alright now, let’s get to business!
Highlighter & Blush – How to Get Gorgeous Glow
- If you want the right glow on your face, do not hesitate to use highlighter or blush. You have to focus on some specific facial areas- bridge of nose, over your brows, cheek bones & chin.
- Try and use these as sparingly as possible.
Concealer & foundation
- Use concealer on blemishes and problem areas only. Do not use it all over your face. For the rest, apply foundation with moisturiser instead.
- Avoid wearing too much powder. Even if you have an oily face, go for oily skin makeup products instead. You can use mattifying lotions and primers too.
Eyes & Lips- How to Get the Right Combination
- Be careful when using eye shadow. Do not overdo it and build it slowly to get the right smokey look. Choose your colour wisely.
- While using eyeliner, draw a line along the two corners over the root of your lashes. Slant the line a bit upward at the outer edge. Do not overdo and extend too much.
- If you have sparse or thin brows, use an angled brush. Dip it in brow powder. Work the brush along your natural brow line till the edge of your eyes.
- If dark lip liner is your thing, do not wear light lipstick. Go for a clear lip gloss instead.
- If you are wearing lipstick, it goes great with natural colour lip liner.
- Avoid putting too much of lipstick or gloss. Trust me, it won’t fade or come off!
- If you want to highlight your lips, go for a simple coat of mascara. Similarly, if you want to make a statement with your eyes, try some bold eye shadow and eyeliner. But, make sure to wear a natural colour or clear lip gloss. This is one of those things that always work.
It doesn’t matter if you are a new to make-up. Don’t be shy using different colours and experimenting different styles. You see, if you won’t try, you will never learn. Just remember not to go overboard with anything.